Portfolio Reporting & Communication
Reports that you will receive or can access.
- Your chosen custodian will send you copies of all transaction confirmations and all account statements. Fidelity and Schwab send account statements monthly and TIAA-CREF sends statements quarterly. If we are also managing your workplace retirement plans (401(k), 403(b), etc., your plan administrator will send statements and transaction confirmations.
- We will provide you semiannual detailed performance analyses.
- You can access portfolio information that is updated daily through a special login to our secure server.
- You can establish Internet or phone access to your account information at your chosen custodian to independently review your holdings at any time.
Other portfolio services that we provide.
- We can work directly with you tax professional on questions pertaining to your investments.
- We will calculate and prepare the paperwork for annual required minimum distributions from traditional IRAs and inherited IRAs.
- We will send reminders of important actions that you may want to consider, including annual IRA contributions and Roth IRA conversions.
- We take particular pride in our responsiveness to client inquiries. You are welcome and encouraged to email or call us any time with any questions or concerns you might have.
Don't keep family money matters a secret.
Money is a taboo subject in many families. It shouldn't be. Money can also be a source of control by a family member. It shouldn't be.
Communicating about money with other family members is important at all stages of life. For children, setting a good example can help them become financially responsible adults.
Both spouses or both partners need to be informed about family finances to avoid problems in the event the partner who controls the coffers becomes disabled or dies.
As parents age, they do a great service to their heirs by informing them of their financial status and what can be expected as an inheritance. Don't keep money a secret.